Best Smart Indoor Cameras for Your Home
In your search for the perfect smart indoor camera, there are multiple ways that you can find it but as much as I hate to say it, it will depend on what you need so here’s what we’ll do.
We’ll give you all the necessary information that you will ever need and our recommendations based on your situation, let’s start with what an indoor camera is.
What is a Smart Indoor Camera
A smart indoor camera is essentially a CCTV with the main difference being that the recorded footage will be stored in the cloud or in a storage device such as a Micro SD card.
An indoor camera for the smart home can be used to detect motion whether that’s an intruder. More than that, you could use it to keep your baby or pets always in your eyes, and a multitude of other situations.
What Makes A Smart Indoor Camera Great
A great smart indoor camera effectively deters burglars. When burglars see a security camera, they do think twice; because they know about the built-in sirens and alarms of indoor cameras. A smart home indoor camera sends immediate alerts if you’re out of the house, and you can quickly contact the police.
Of course, there’s the personal touch: indoor cameras are user-friendly. Like if you want to have a look and see that your baby is safe. Or, if your pet has anxiety when it’s alone. You can use the 2-way audio of your camera and have a friendly talk with them.
A great indoor camera is also a recovery tool: with its recorded images and video clips, an indoor camera helps capture and record precious moments of everyday life. Such as the cute behavior of a dog when it’s alone at home or the first steps of a baby. These clips are worth treasuring and watching over and over again.
Smart Home Indoor Camera: What to Consider
- Camera’s Field of View: Essentially the bigger the FOV, the wider your shot. So choose a camera with a wide viewing angle, generally greater than 100°, which will help you monitor more places in your home. If you want 360° surround monitoring, you can also choose a pan-tilt camera.
- Always Connected: can your smart Wi-Fi indoor camera always connect to your home network? Now, a wired camera that’s connected directly to a router is also just as effective, but it’s costly. For indoor use, a smart indoor wireless camera that supports 2,4 GHz Wi-Fi would be a good choice.
- Storage: as mentioned previously, it’s a matter of how much you are willing to spend. Cloud storage is a monthly payment solution, it’s great. It’s cheap and the downside is mostly if you had to scrub your footage. It can take a while (unless you can download it) compared to internally stored footage where you just plug your MicroSD card into your computer.
- Video Quality: just how sharp and vibrant do you want your footage to be? General rule is, the higher the quality, the more you will have to pay.
- Range and Types of Detection: without getting complicated, the algorithm (sometimes LiDar) behind the detection software found in your IP cameras solves for range and box sizes meaning how far do you want for it (IP camera) to see and how big or small of an object do you want to it to consider.
Added Features to Consider:
- Does it have a Mobile App whereby you can stream footage wherever you are?
- Can you live-stream your indoor camera?
- What about the Night vision?
- 2-Way Audio: you can not only hear what they’re saying but you can actually talk back.
- Does it have an option for automatic detection of any (specific) motion?
- Clear and Stable Picture?
Recommended Smart Indoor Cameras
#1 – Arenti IN1 Smart Home Indoor Security Camera
- A budget camera, affordable with very good features.
- Detects motion and sound.
- Night vision for enhanced viewing at night or in dark areas during the day.
- Instant notifications will be sent to your Arenti app.
- Human detection: you can receive alerts ONLY when a person moves in front of the camera, but no alerts when your pet, or animal move in front of it.
- Noise alert: when the fire alarm sets, you receive notification of the noise alert. In case, you’re outside your house, and your dog’s barking, you can check it out.
- Quick share: allows you to share camera images with other people.
- 2-way audio so you tap the intercom button to talk to the camera.
- The camera has a history tab: you can access your recorded alerts, & lists all motion detection alerts.
- Enable geofencing: this shuts off-camera when your phone is on the same Wi-Fi network as the camera. So when you leave your place, the camera begins working and will look for motion detection, sound alerts. And when you’re back home, and your phone joins the Wi-Fi network, your camera turns off to protect your privacy.
- You are able to set schedules: for example. Between 9 am and 5 pm- when you’re at work, the camera will work and will shut off when you’re home, at 5 pm.
- You can use local storage: support micro SD card up to 128 GB.
#2 – Arenti M1 Baby Wi-Fi 1080p Monitor
- It has a 115-degree wide field of view, H.264 compression for the video, at 25 frames per second maximum resolution.
- Detects motion and sound.
- Full HD-Definition, with a display box of people detection.
- Area range covered: 10 meters or 32.8 feet.
- You can use an SD card, with a maximum storage of 128 GB.
- Has cloud storage: this is needed especially if it is used as a security camera.
#3 – Arenti P1 Pan-Tilt Indoor WiFi 1080p Pet Monitor
- The pan and tilt function effectively increases the camera’s field of view.
- 1080P & support 2,4 GHz wi-fi
- H.264 color sensor, with the smallest sensor of 1/2.9” CMOS for compact cameras
- Area range covered: 10 meters or 32.8 feet
- Built-in microphone with a speaker
- SD card: support up to 128GB
- Cloud storage
- You can do voice commands, using Alexa and Google Assistant: to show your pet or baby room, with a P1 camera to a Google Chromecast or Alexa device.
2 Upcoming Releases
Soon, there will be two brand new indoor cameras, Dome1 and Indoor1, built to be convenient and small, while offering a broad range of uses such as pan and tilt, and of course, Wi-Fi connectivity – if you have questions, reservations, or need any assistance, please contact us.